PonoRez is Hawaii’s only co-op, member owned, web based reservation system. While competitive reservation systems value the bottom line, A3H values……values. A3H members have their own protected portal with 100% access & ownership of their data and funds. The cost to use PonoRez is a flat fee, set by the board of directors. Businesses do not pay more for being more successful, nor do we charge a transaction or customer ticketing fee. Click here to view Features and Costs and here for the online PonoRez Application. There’s a large array of reservation systems available. None, other than PonoRez, are built specifically for and by Hawaii’s activity & attraction businesses.
What PonoRez is and is not along with our concerns with other competitive reservation systems:
- PonoRez is not privately owned or open to non-disclosed investors or sale. It is owned by A3H members & its ownership is transparent.
- PonoRez doesn’t charge a commission or take a % of sales; it charges a flat fee for a service ($130/month or $45/month depending on level) 100% of which may be traded out in owners’ tickets in lieu of paying cash.
- PonoRez doesn’t collect your money and later disburse, instead your money is deposited directly to your bank account.
- PonoRez doesn’t take over your web site. Instead it gives you the tools to incorporate Google Analytics, FaceBook Pixel and any other tracking code while using either a hosted or self hosted checkout.
- PonoRez doesn’t collect your data for any purpose other than for your sales. Your data is your property. Any aggregation of this data would be a board discussion and likely go out to a member vote.
History / Overview
If you have never read The Battle for Boondoggle, please when you have a spare moment, read it. It is a document which very poignantly depicts the beginnings of our organization.
The Activities & Attractions Association is the result of a 2002 merger between, AOA, (Activity Owners Association of Hawaii) and HAA, (Hawaii Attractions Association). AOA was founded in 1990 by a small but very dedicated group of activity providers. Their diligent efforts to unite the activities & attractions industry resulted in a strong statewide association that is currently considered the voice and legislative watchdog for the activities & attractions industry. HAA was founded in 1993 by an elite group of quality Oahu attractions, originally named Oahu Attractions Association. A synergy has resulted in both Marketing and Lobbying efforts as the organization has combined into one. In 2000, we harnessed technology and created PonoRez to connect Membership with consumers, each other and resellers.
The Activities & Attractions Association of Hawaii has nearly 200 members statewide. We work closely with each island’s Visitors Bureau, taking an active role in promoting tourism through state and county agencies and the Chamber of Commerce. From the beginning, the A3H has focused on achieving specific goals relating to consumer protection issues and developing standards of excellence in the activities industry. Additionally, it has been successful in developing a wide range of collective marketing and benefit programs for its members, while lobbying for the industry’s interests.
Click on the islands below to view the A3H Members in that County: